Ravenholt Timeline 507~591
March 507 ER
• Exploration of Northern Marches begins.
• Evendarrian scouts encounter aggressive Northmen and friendly Voltans.
June 509 ER
• Voltans join the Kingdom of Evendarr, except for the people of Dinsdale.
• The Duchy of Volta is formed, with Argent Voltan named as Duke.
• The Evendarrian conquest of Dinsdale begins.
August 510 ER
• Dinsdale falls, and is included in the Duchy of Volta.
• The local Chieftain escapes with his family into the Anymdin Mountains.
May 511 ER
• The Evendarrian Royal Army drives several local Goblin tribes from Northern Cathym. Goblins flee to the east and north.
September 514 ER
• The King's Road is completed, linking Evendarr city with the Dutchies of Ashbury and Niman.
March 517 ER
• The Goblin tribes return and begin raiding northern Cathym.
• Duke Argent sends his most trusted war chief, Cecil Swordhand, to dispatch the Goblins.
September 518 ER
• The Barony of Eastwyck created by Duke Argent Voltan, and title granted to Cecil Swordhand for his defeat of the Goblin invaders
• Cecil takes the last name of Eastwyck.
June 520 ER
• Trina Westmarch marries Goodwin Northridge, a dispossessed Knight of Niman.
• Goodwin is released from Niman's service to move east.
October 522 ER
• The Barony of Westmarch created by King Hendrick Endarr to reward General Boran Westmarch for his victories against the Northmen.
• He begins to rule his lands, and sends for his family to join him.
December 522 ER
• Trina Westmarch gives birth to Willfred.
July 524 ER
• Ardynnites join the Kingdom of Evendarr.
• The Dale of Ardynn becomes a shire in the Barony of Westmarch.
September 525 ER
• Mandrake Capulus destroys stronghold of Keegan Byrne.
November 525 ER
• Mandrake Capulus becomes Baron of Capulus per order of Duke Tomas of Rotaria.
June 526 ER
• The capital of Westmarch is moved to the stronghold at Ironvale.
April 528 ER
• Mandrake Capulus marries Xaviera Myrrdyn and moves to Stoneholm Castle.
September 528 ER
• The trade route from Sercia, to Trader's Rest, to Ironvale established.
March 531 ER
• Xaviera Capulus dies in childbirth bearing Siobhan.
July 532 ER
• Boran Westmarch slain in an ambush. Trina Westmarch named Baroness.
December 540 ER
• Willfred Northridge comes into majority.
• Trina abdicates, naming Willfred as Baron.
October 545 ER
• King Hendrick of Evendarr dies at age 73.
• Roderick becomes King of Evendarr.
May 549 ER
• Siobhan Capulus marries Boddin Montesque.
September 550 ER
• Siobhan Montesque gives birth to Timmon Montesque, who is named heir.
November 552 ER
• Mandrake Capulus dies.
• Siobhan and Boddin become regents for Timmon, the new Baron of Capulus.
February 564 ER
• Tomas Rotari dies, his eldest surviving son Martin becomes Duke of Rotaria.
April 566 ER
• The beginning of the Evendarrian war with the Northmen.
July 567 ER
• Goodwin Northridge dies during a Northmen raid.
September 568 ER
• Timmon Montesque comes into majority as Baron of Capulus.
• Siobhan and Boddin retire to their mountain villa on the edge of the Stonewood.
April 569 ER
• Baron Cecil Eastwyck is slain, along with his entire family, during a surprise raid by the Northmen, thereby ending the line of Eastwyck.
August 569 ER
• Captain Basil Ravenhurst saves the life of King Roderick Endarr.
• The King grants Ravenhurst the title of Baron of Eastwyck for his heroism.
October 569 ER
• The Drae Barony of Elfheim is established.
May 570 ER
• King Roderick Endarr creates new Duchy in the area of the Northern Marches, and names Baron Ravenhurst as Duke of Ravenholt.
• Roderick also establishes Capulus as a Barony of Ravenholt, angering the Duchy of Rotaria.
October 570 ER
• Duke Basil Ravenhurst annexes the shire of Ardynn from Westmarch to Eastwyck.
December 570 ER
• The Ardynnites rebuild the Eastwyck Baronial manor for the Duke of Ravenholt.
April 571 ER
• Duke Basil Ravenhurst marries Rowena Morgana.
March 572 ER
• The beginning of the Goblin Wars.
• Captain Galen Cumberland named commander of the Ravenholt Army, and is sent to crush the Goblin forces.
October 572 ER
• Commander Galen Cumberland defeats the Goblin army at the Battle of Kragen Moors.
January 573 ER
• Commander Galen Cumberland awarded title of Baron of Cumberland.
June 574 ER
• Baron Galen Cumberland weds Aradia Trase, and renames his capital city, formerly Greystone, after his new bride.
January 579 ER
• Willfred Northridge dies. Vandal Northridge named Baron of Westmarch.
June 581 ER
• Crown Prince Richard marries Lady Katherine Bartholomew.
October 582 ER
• Vandal Northridge's eldest son, Vandal 'Tigerfist' Northridge, attempts to assassinate his father, and flees to the Dragonsteeth Mountains.
March 584 ER
• King Roderick Endarr dies at age 63.
• Richard Endarr named King of Evendarr.
May 585 ER
• Baron Timmon Montesque marries Xerina Whintyrr, and names her as his heir.
July 587 ER
• Baron Timmon Montesque dies in an avalanche.
• Xerina Montesque is named Baroness.
April 589 ER
• Elfheim sends representatives to the Ravenholt Ducal Tournament for the first time since that Barony was founded.
June 589 ER
• Baroness Xerina Montesque marries her Court Mage, Lord Desmond Capulus.
• Baron Vandal Northridge is named Count over Capulus and Westmarch, but dies within one day of that elevation.
• His only remaining heir is slain the next day, ending the line of Northridge.
• Baroness Montesque claims the lands of Westmarch by ancient law.
• When Duke Ravenhurst rejects her claim, she declares that she will take that land by force.
• Start of the Westmarch War.
• Baron Galen Cumberland is named Count over Elfheim and Cumberland.
• He names the County "Dragonshire".
July 589 ER
• Under Count Cumberland's recommendation, the Duke names Dame Aurora Blakeny of Cumberland to be the new Baron of Westmarch.
August 589 ER
• The War of Westmarch ends.
• Duke Ravenhurst's forces are defeated by Montesque's forces, which are aided by the ghost of Vandal Northridge, and an army of Undead and Goblins.
September 589 ER
• The Greater Death Elemental Guxx Unfadoo appears when Lord Desmond Capulus meets with Duke Ravenhurst to discuss terms of surrender.
• He admits that he controlled the line of Northridge for his own ends.
• The creature is temporarily banished by the Duke's Court Mage, Trelayne Fan Arcevol.
• Start of the Third Elemental War.
• Baroness Montesque named Countess over Capulus and Westmarch by the King's representative, Duke Richard Buttons of Evendarr.
• She names the County "Arkham".
• Lord Colin Turing named Baron of Cumberland.
October 589 ER
• King Richard visits Ravenholt on the eve of the final battle of the Third Elemental War.
• The forces of Ravenholt have recovered and assembled a weapon of vast power, which banishes Guxx Unfadoo back to his home plane.
• End of Third Elemental War.
November 589 ER
• Countess Montesque names Desmond Capulus as the new Count of Arkham, and Sir Cynric Sagramore as the new Baron of Capulus.
December 589 ER
• Duke Ravenhurst names Lord Nathaniel Kent as the new Baron of Eastwyck.
January 590 ER
• Duchess Morganna gives birth to Roderick Ravenhurst, who is named heir.
• Goblins reorganize under their new King, Murdock, and attack once again, taking the town of Shandlin's Ferry.
• Count Cumberland leads an army to the Northern Downs.
February 590 ER
• Countess Montesque gives birth to twins, Bethany and Alexander.
April 590 ER
• Count Cumberland dies in a Goblin raid.
• Baron Turing abdicates.
• Countess Aradia names Sir Malignar Jakorren as new Baron.
May 590 ER
• Baron Jakorren marries Dame Shardon Cumberland, daughter of Aradia and Galen Cumberland.
• He names her as his heir and gives her the title of Baroness.
June 590 ER
• Goblins win battle of Redbrook and control northern Eastwyck and Northern Cumberland.
• Remains of the "School of Seven Bells" are found and explored.
• Elven Panthergast kills 17 in Elfheim.
September 590 ER
• Baron Sagramore marries Lady Ayla Darkcloud and names her Baroness.
• Duke Basil Ravenhurst assassinated by minions of Sakalid.
• Galen Cumberland sighted in Heroes Graveyard.
October 590 ER
• Members of the Barony of Capulus are put on trial, and are pardoned.
• Duke Ravenhurst orders the arrest of Countess Montesque, and Count Capulus.
• The Quentari Royal Family arrive in Ravenholt, and are met by King Richard.
• They demand the return of the Temporal Weapon, used in the war against Guxx.
• After much argument, the weapon is returned.
• Duchess Rowena Morganna, who is actually a Princess of Quentari, chooses to remain human to be with her husband and child.
November 590 ER
• Countess Cumberland gives birth to a boy she names Galen.
• Upon reaching Stoneholm, Ducal forces discover that Countess Montesque and Count Capulus have escaped.
December 590 ER
• Durchasi Ruinvorn, Baron-regent of Elfheim, is executed for treason and stripped of title.
• She is banished from the Duchy, and vows revenge.
• The Duke appoints Lord Scafloc Bokenjen as the new Baron of Elfheim.
• Countess Aradia Cumberland is slain.
• Baroness Shardon Cumberland becomes Countess of Dragonshire.
• She names her husband Malignar Jakorren as Count, and elevates her top knight, Sir Brendan Dwyer, to be the new Baron of Cumberland.
• Duke Basil Ravenhurst names Sir Andros Paragon as the new Count of Arkham.
• He announces that with the approval of Baron Kent, he will be making Eastwyck part of the County of Arkham.
February 591 ER
• Fluctuations in Magicks herald beginning of Change of Cycle.
March 591 ER
• The Baronial team of Capulus seeks to capture vampire Urich, in attempt to cure or transform him.
• Goblin Pirates attack the Barony of Capulus.
April 591 ER
• Baron Kent is ritually Obliterated in order to free his spirit from torments that it was enduring.
• The Duke names Sir Alaric Malinruin of Westmarch as the new Baron of Eastwyck.
May 591 ER
• Local Ravenholt Unicorn Pool revitalized by a Unicorn and a Life Elemental.
June 591 ER
• The Royal Army fights the Battle of Goblintooth Gap, and retakes the lands lost to Goblins last summer.
• Martin Rotari dies.
• His wife, Lillian, becomes the Duchess of Rotaria.
July 591 ER
• The Royal Army repels an invading force from the Sessuar Imperium.
August 591 ER
• An insane Mage named Magius destroys much of the town of Ravenholt while searching for pages from Lankirin's Diary.
• He eventually gives up.
October 591 ER
• Prince Joseph Saxony and his entourage attacked by Undead on the way to Ravenholt.
• Ravenholt and its environs are nearly wiped out by a swarm of giant insect-like creatures, which are called "The Brood" by the local populace.
• Much of the town is infected by a chaos mutagen, spread by the creatures.
• A combined force of Ravenholt nobles and commoners find and destroy the hive, slaying the Queen, and freeing the populace.
• Sakalid the Liche captures Duke Ravenhurst.
• Through formal magic, he places another spirit in the body of the Duke.
• This imposter Duke outlaws all earth magic.
• The Sessuar Imperium attacks Capulus again, and holds the coast.
November 591 ER
• The imposter Duke is assassinated, and the foreign spirit flees.
• Duke Ravenhurst's spirit is thought to be held prisoner.
• Lord Montfern, as Seneschal, rescinds the laws against healing spells.
• Urich the Vampire attacks and, in the battle, Lord Pious the Magistrate is killed.
December 591 ER
• Word is brought from Evendarr City that King Richard recognizes the sovereignty of the Barony of Draelonde (formerly known as the Kingdom of Elfheim).
• Peaceful negotiations are begun between the two kingdoms.